Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How hard can it be...

to find a decent Pilates class at a time when I can actually go to it?

We have quite a few choices - a couple at the campus gym (bizarrely two on the same day, plus one at a really inconvenient time), a couple at other gyms (which I hate going to as the traffic is awful at the times of day when the classes are held), and a couple in church halls (at a time when, OK, it's not the end of the world, but I'd rather just be eating my dinner than rushing out again after it, and in one case, again in a really inconvenient place).

So I have found one that is in a fairly convenient place and a relatively convenient time - and I'm not sure I like it. I think I must just be fussy but the teacher waffles a lot and has very strange metaphors (I don't mind metaphors, but perhaps just mention them once instead of talking about them for 5 minutes when we'd rather keep the class short!), and isn't keen on me doing anything to stretch my shoulder while managing to do a lot of the type of work that shouldn't hurt it but, because I've got quite poor posture as a result of the shoulder injury, in fact hurts my back.

Back to the drawing board I fear.

No comments: