We do, however, need to ask to be moved to the next course. If I miscarry after the next few days, but before the course (which starts the 2nd), I will not feel up to it in time. If we went when I was still pregnant, but we did then go ahead with adoption a) I would feel bad not telling them and b) they would, not unnaturally, feel cautious about trusting us when they found out. Which they would. What with medicals. And it is pretty important for your social worker to trust you. And they run at least 3 courses a year, and we should be able to start the home study before the course if the course isn't for a while. And even if they said we could do it anyway, then two days of the course clash with potential 7 or 8 week scans. And the only reason I won't have one of those scans is if I spontaneously miscarry before then, and am feeling awful and lying on the sofa. After which I will want to feel sorry for myself for a while, and not bare my soul to a social worker.
So as you can see we need to postpone the course... But thank you so much for your comments - that is what is so nice about blogging.