Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I would be having another snow day...

except I'm having a sick day instead. Horrible cough kept me (and Mr Spouse) awake a lot of last night, it's marginally better today, just irritating rather than chesty. I have been mainly being very silly and sitting in front of the computer not working, frankly I would have been better off sitting in front of the computer working.

I've been ordering some crafty bits and pieces - my brother made a slightly cheeky and in fact unreasonable request for a present - he wanted it for Christmas - a quilt with a world map on to make a record of where they have been as a family - now there was no way I could have sewn it for Christmas given the state of my shoulder at the time and the point at which he asked, but his 40th birthday is later this month and I've managed some reasonable sewing projects recently, so I'm going to give it a go. I was ordering wadding, binding and backing today.

I also suspect he really wants a crafty handmade appliqued map - but he is in fact getting this:


2 comments:

Secret D said...

Wow! That is very adventurous, I wish you luck.

I would love to have had a snow day today but my work place is determined to stay open - drat!

Heather said...

We've got that exact fabric map hanging on our son's bedroom wall!