Friday, May 11, 2007

7w

Not much more to say, really. My boobs still feel sore, though slightly less so, but I feel much, much sicker. I need to eat approximately every two hours, though I haven't thrown up yet. One good thing about pregnancy is you can eat as much dried fruit as you want (if you are like me, and love dried fruit) and you don't get the runs (if you are like me, and dried fruit normally gives you the runs). I seem to feel sicker in the afternoons - in the mornings I'm just starving.

I went to yoga today for the first time in three weeks. I am not sure how good an idea this was, since the time before that was about three months previously. Normally I go to yoga every single week, and have been doing so for about six or seven years, with the occasional gap. I have been feeling a little bloated, and some of the bending over postures were a bit uncomfortable. If I was paranoid (me?) I would have worried it was pressing on my uterus but I know it's still well-protected in there. Happily nothing involved lying on my boobs for long periods of time. But I am wondering about saying something to my teacher. She just does it voluntarily, and is very nice, but I don't really want her altering things in an obvious way ("Dr Spouse, you shouldn't do this one").

I've also booked in to have a reflexology session on Tuesday, on the advice of perceval - thanks - I didn't want to go back to my acupuncturist even though I think she's a good therapist, because she is so bossy about meals. I'm supposed to eat rice for breakfast, according to her. Not going to happen.

I think I feel OK about waiting another week for a scan, though I'm starting to get nervous again, and I'm only sleeping well about half the time. I tried to put a couple of drops of lavender on the pillow, and it ended up smelling like an aromatherapist's boudoir.

Work continues to ignore me, or vice versa, or something. It's exam marking season, which is another good excuse not to go near the office, and to watch back-to-back episodes of trash (yes, it really helps me mark exam scripts accurately. Honest). Currently it's season 1 of The O.C. which I have on DVD. I ordered season 6 of Gilmore Girls ages ago from ebay and it hasn't arrived yet (in fact, the vendor sent me another copy, which also hasn't arrived) and I was originally thinking "don't watch too much of The O.C., you might want it post-miscarriage" but now I'm keping Gilmore Girls for that. But I'm also bidding on things from ebay which I might wear to a black tie do scheduled for when I'm 12 weeks, which, at this rate I won't feel like going to if I miscarry before then. Since it seems unlikely I'll be doing that on my own.

2 comments:

Thalia said...

I'm very excited that you are 7w, that is great news. I think you should most definitely tell the yoga teacher, and tell her not to make a big deal of it. Yoga stretches things, and your body is stretching anyway, so it's good that you keep an eye on how those are working together.

As I'm sure you know, miscarriage is less likely in pregnancies with MS, so that's a good sign. Hang in there. And for goodness sake don't worry about bringing the scan forward, asking for more tlc, you know what the studies say. You worrying is going to happen, but you can minimise it by making sure you get reassurance when you need it.

TeamWinks said...

I'm with Thalia on this one...