We had OHP and New Agency on our backs about permission from Government Department to make a commitment-in-principle, saying we had to go ahead anyway if we didn't want this match to fall through. Fortunately Government Department did come back and say they "couldn't see any reason not to".
We are still waiting to have our medicals which is really the next important dealbreaker for us. I am not sure there is much anyone (except the Big Man in the Sky) can do about this. Strangely, this makes me feel calmer. It will be weeks, I imagine, before we know anything.