Friday, January 13, 2012

Another thought

A brief thought, I hope.
I was emailing someone I know who isn't really a friend but who I know likes older kids, and who asked how it was all going, so I was about to write "you must come round and have a cuddle". She's younger, in a relationship, unlikely to be weepy over the thougt of someone else, not her, having a baby. But I had second thoughts and added "if you like babies that is". I must remember, I must tell myself to remember, it is not easy for everyone to love small babies. And how quickly I forgot that. I am not about to thrust my own ex-preemie with query breathing difficulties into everyone's arms during flu and cold season (after the NICU, Mr Spouse suggests we have a washing notice as people enter our house*). But I need to think.

*Three minutes washing here - I can't remember the Countdown song well enough so have the Jeopardy tune on internal repeat. 

1 comment:

Claudia said...

who cares if she likes babies! If she likes YOU (and doesn't have fertility-related sadness) I hope she will come and celebrate this big milestone by giving that gorgeous boy a big kiss.

I know what you mean that not everyone likes babies. But from now on, if she wants to see you... I'm guessing it's going to be a package deal!