Saturday, March 15, 2008

Trigger-happy versus gun-shy

Why is it that on day 28 I can get up, think "yeah, why not test" and go ahead and do it without any premeditation, but on day 30 I spend half the night agonising about whether or not to test? Both negative, of course. And my period started later today, of course.

An online friend, R, whose 3-year-old has moderate spina bifida (operation at birth and more in the future, but walked at about 2 and very verbal and bright) just went for her second pregnancy 20 week scan. Multiple abnormalities. Probable Edwards syndrome. Having decided firmly against termination last time, this one is probably an even harder call for them, leaving aside the complete devastation they must be feeling.

In brighter news, Overseas Adoption Couple are just back from a week in Central America to visit their baby. The photos are beyond cute but the adoption hotel sounds surreal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, about the negative and the period, about your poor, poor friends.

Thinking of you

Geohde said...

I'm sorry about the negative.

And I'm so very sorry for what your friend must be going through.

J

Dr. Grumbles said...

AF sucks.