But anyway missohkay asked me some questions. The idea is that I tag her, and put this image on my blog.
So if you want to participate, 1) include this icon in your post; 2) link to the blogger who nominated you; 3) answer 10 questions about yourself; 4) nominate 10 other bloggers to answer 10 new questions; 5) tell the people that they’ve won.
1. What’s the last thing you read?
"The Report", by Jessica Frances Kane. It was a book group book, and is quite harrowing. It's based on a true story, set in an area I know intimately, and has a child loss and adoption theme.
2. Do you believe in soulmates?
No. I could have had a happy, but different, life with another partner, and the "one that got away", I later found out would have been horrendous and probably would have sucked me in to a really awful situation. I'm really happy with Mr Spouse, who would not at all have been the person I would have chosen on paper.
3. What’s your favorite 80s movie?
Something by Bill Forsyth. Probably Local Hero.
4. Cats or dogs (or both or neither)?
Cats. I'd love to have one, Mr Spouse doesn't want one. I plan to get Baby Spouse on my side when he's older.
5. If you could go back in time to warn yourself that something was going to happen, would you?
Yes - I'd avoid being robbed at machete-point. And getting my friends robbed too. But I did manage to give evidence against the muggers and they did go to prison. And it meant that I found out that my neighbours were quite happy to tell the police who it was, they'd relied on all the locals not ratting them out to help foreigners, but obviously my neighbours' loyalties were more with me.
6. Do you have any recurring dreams, and if so, what are they?
Sadly variations on the theme that I'm pregnant and that I've lost the baby, or that our baby has died.
7. Aside from Twitter and Facebook, what website do you visit the most?
According to Chrome, it's the volunteer registration site for GirlGuiding (I've been signed up as volunteer coordinator for our area, and it's "Help I'm a final year student with a thin CV, I think I'll try volunteering" season. I'm at the stage where I'm having to say no, sorry, we can't take on someone who can come to Rainbows once a week for 10 weeks and then leave us in the lurch. This does not help us at all).
8. What artist, band, show, movie, or book do you think is under-appreciated and want the rest of the world to know about?
I'm just re-reading The Dark is Rising, a set of children's fantasy books I loved as a child. Unlike the books below, it has stood the test of time and of my age, and I don't actually like fantasy much any more.
9. What movie or show from your childhood did you love… until you re-watched it as an adult and discovered it was horrible?
Not a show, but I loved Enid Blyton books as a child - I couldn't read them now, and I'm just hoping Baby Spouse doesn't love them - but the adventure ones are more girly I think.
10. How did you find the online adoption, loss, or infertility community?
A friend suggested writing a diary after our first miscarriage. I started it as a blog, and an online friend (from a general message board) suggested reading A Little Pregnant and also Thalia.
1. What do you do that you think makes you look stupid, but you do it anyway?
2. What would be your dream job?
3. And your dream holiday?
4. What did you think you'd do for a living when you were a child?
5. Which relative are you closest to, and why?
6. What's the strangest haircut or most regrettable fashion victim outfit you've ever had?
7. Coffee or tea?
8. What's your favourite "childish" thing to do?
9. Do you believe in God?
10. What about Father Christmas?
So I'm tagging 10 people, who are all Twitter friends, and bloggers relating in some way to adoption, loss and/or infertility and who, cheesily, have spread a little sunshine. Feel free to ignore if this is not your sort of thing.
Hairy Farmer Family
Life with Katie
Hairy Farmer Family
Life with Katie